Grape: 100% Chardonnay Grand Crus de la Côte des Blanches.
Relegation: June 2019
Vinification & Aging: 9 months in oak barrels.
The champagne sparkles beautifully in the glass, with a pale gold-green topaz color. The fragrance accentuates French pastries and a floral universe, with notes reminiscent of buttercream, meringue and milk caramel. After a short breath, the wine reveals more mineral and fruity notes. The champagne matured in oak barrels is in perfect harmony with a fruity intensity while maintaining a salty and pure vibration.
Grand Blanc is a Champagne with great character, strength, concentration and balance that will appeal especially to the more experienced taste buds. We recommend serving it at 10 ° C or slightly above. The options for food matching are nearly limitless, but here are a few that will capture your imagination:
- Sea bass fillet with crayfish fried in butter, served with a chive cream.
- Salmon rillettes with lemon caviar
- Cod poached in coconut milk, served with pea or broad bean puree
- Giant asparagus in hazelnut oil, with Coppa di Parma and wild garlic
- Roast veal with goat cheese and parsnip
- Farm bred guinea fowl cooked in champagne, with Lardo di Coleseatta Escalatta breaded with flaxseed and lemon
- Tomme de Montagne cheese